For the first task I’ve decided to add my home cinema hardware to OpenRemote. This is Bose Lifestyle V35 with great sound quality but rather cumbersome remote. It has a universal one which integrates all other remotes into its own but unfortunately it does not come without pain 😉 For example, when I’m watching TV and want to switch to Apple TV to listen some music streamed from my ITunes library then I need to do at least 8 button presses in correct order!
- TV input button – to call TV source menu;
- Down button – to change TV source from TV to HDMI1;
- Source button – to call Bose’s source selection menu;
- press three times Up button – to select Apple TV;
- Menu button – to switch Apple TV on;
- depending on Apple TV state multiple clicks to navigate to my iTunes library on one of my PC’s on the attic.
I’m sure that I can cut it to just one click using OpenRemote! Project started 🙂 Please follow the progress here.